Rona Kassapi was born in the United Kingdom and comes from Nicosia.
She is a lawyer, member of the Cyprus Bar Association since 1992.
She is a graduate of the English School, Nicosia.
She studied in the United Kingdom and holds:
- An undergraduate LL.B. degree (Bachelor of Laws, Hons) (University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom);
- A postgraduate LL.M. degree (Master of Laws) in Maritime Law (King’s College, University of London);
- The title of Barrister-at-Law (Gray’s Inn, Inns of Court, London).
From 1991 to 2004 she practised the profession of Advocate-Legal Advisor in a prominent law firm with specialization in Maritime and Commercial Law.
In 2004 she took over the position of In-house Legal Advisor at Coca Cola HBC Cyprus.
From 2006 to 2015 she was Legal Advisor to Coca Cola HBC in Cyprus and Greece, her main duties being:
- Member of Greece-Cyprus Business Unit Management Team, Member of Coca-Cola Hellenic Leadership Team and Regulatory Affairs Manager, Cyprus operation.
- Corporate Governance Compliance Officer, handling all matters relating to the Cyprus Stock Exchange and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
In 2006 she was appointed non-Executive Member of the Board of Directors, Secretary to the Board of Directors and Legal Counsel/Corporate Affairs Manager of the Coca Cola Hellenic Group Cyprus entities, positions which she holds to date.
From 2005 to 2016 she served as Advisor to the President at the Industrial Disputes Tribunal.
In June 2016 she was appointed by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Cyprus as Member of the Examination Board for Insolvency Practitioners, Ministry of Energy, Trade, Industry and Tourism and in February 2017 she took the position of Vice-President of the Board.
In August 2017 she was appointed by the President of the Republic of Cyprus as the President of The Cyprus Radio Television Authority after having served as Vice-President and Member of the Authority since July 2016.
She is a mother of two boys who are currently living in London.